Roanoke Gas Company is seeking a GPS/Line Locating Technician. This position is responsible for using technical equipment to accurately locate and GPS underground gas utilities.
The essential job duties include:
• Locating underground gas utilities
• Taking GPS coordinates of existing gas infrastructure and entering associated data while in the field
• Researching archived work orders, service orders, and field drawings to identify and correct inconsistencies.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Basic computer software skills (Windows, MS Office, Outlook)
• Ability to use company provided locate equipment and technology to accurately locate facilities
• Ability to work in all conditions and walk various types of terrains
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to pass locator certification
Required Education and/or Experience:
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record
• Previous locating experience preferred
Full time position with excellent benefit package including medical, dental, health club reimbursement and 401K with match.
Roanoke Gas Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, age, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or other legally protected classifications.Apply Now