RGC Resources Inc., parent company of Roanoke Gas Company, is seeking candidates for the position of Accounting Assistant. This position will provide accounting support in the areas of work order processing, equipment management, miscellaneous billing, accounts payable, and inventory.
- Process all A/P invoices related to our Vehicle / Equipment Fleet and serve as back-up to for all other A/P processing.
- Preparation / origination of bank ACH batches as required.
- Process Virginia DMV tag / registration renewals and Roanoke City personal property vehicle / equipment tax payments.
- Perform monthly maintenance of Equipment System Master File and process monthly Equipment System Sub-Ledger closing.
- Manage Stationary Inventory Warehouse and perform monthly closing activities and annual inventory counts.
- Calculate and process monthly paving, broken line and aid-to-construction billings.
- Perform monthly maintenance / updates to paving billing spreadsheets.
- Receive and process all completed work orders.
- Review, code and key all service work orders.
- Scan and file all completed work order packets.
- Generate monthly work order reports and reconciliations.
- Understand and adhere to all established internal control procedures, and participate in semi-annual internal control testing activities.
- Perform back-up of switchboard as required.
- Other projects and assignments as assigned.
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a similar position required. Accounting experience at a gas or electrical utility strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of internal control concepts.
- Strong reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to create and edit documents and reports in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly in a straightforward manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and effectively collaborate with team members.
- Associates degree in Accounting or Office Administration/Business or related preferred.