RGC Resources Inc., parent company of Roanoke Gas Company, is seeking candidates for the position of Accounts Payable Specialist. This position will perform accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Sort, code and match invoices.
- Process check requests.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain thorough files and documentation in accordance with Company policy and accounting standards.
- Correspond with vendors, reconcile vendor statements and file 1099 MISC.
- Provide back up to other accounting assistants and Switchboard as required.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in a similar position required.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accrual accounting principles.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Highly accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to create and edit documents, reports and presentations in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly in a straightforward manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and effectively collaborate with team members.
- Associates degree in Accounting or Office Administration/Business or related required.
Full time position with excellent benefit package including medical, dental, health club reimbursement and 401K with match.
If you need assistance with the online application, please email us at email@example.com