RGC Resources Inc., publicly traded on NASDAQ (RGCO) and parent company of Roanoke Gas Company, is seeking candidates for the position Financial Analyst.
This position will provide decision making support to the Finance and Executive teams in varying capacities including, revenue and cost accounting, financial reporting, monitoring of internal controls, budgeting, and forecasting, inclusive of planning and financial modeling. A successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of GAAP, excellent business acumen and the ability to analyze financial information in order to communicate between all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and at least 4-6 years of public or industry accounting experience.
- Exemplary experience exhibiting decision making skills and application of business acumen.
- Ability to take independent action, seek out opportunities to improve processes, and drive projects to completion.
- An independent thinker with a proven ability to learn new tasks quickly and a commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Bachelor’s level accounting degree/comparable field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Though not required, preference will be given to candidates with CPA/CMA certification(s) or current eligibility, public company experience as related to SEC filings and reporting, and utility industry experience.
This is a full time position with benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plan with match, tuition assistance and health club reimbursement
If assistance is needed with the application, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org