RGC Resources Inc., publicly traded on NASDAQ (RGCO) and parent company of Roanoke Gas Company, is seeking candidates for the position Senior Accountant.
The essential job duties include:
• Performing technical accounting duties related to financial and SEC reporting.
• Monitoring and reviewing internal control processes and procedures.
• Reviewing accounting department reconciliations, work papers, registers, journal entries and edits.
• Providing support to work order processes, fixed asset accounting, and other accounting support functions.
• Accounting research and assisting with corporate tax computations
• Providing support with preparation and coordination of audit processes.
• Completing special projects, including, data gathering/analysis, risk management, and regulatory affairs.
• Previous experience implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP.
• At least 4 years of public or industry accounting experience.
• Bachelor’s level accounting degree/comparable field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform job duties.
• Ability to take independent action, seek out opportunities to improve processes, and drive projects to completion.
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and a commitment to continuous learning and development.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build successful relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Strong decision-making skills and ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• SEC filings and reporting.
• Experience working for a public utility.
• CPA/CMA certifications or eligible candidate.
This is a full time position with benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plan with match, tuition assistance and health club reimbursement.
If assistance is needed with the application, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org