Roanoke Gas Company is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Paving Crew Member. Primary duties include the maintenance of local underground natural gas system and paving street cuts.
The essential job duties include:
- Clearing debris from the work site
- Using jackhammers to break up existing pavement
- Repairing road surface using prepared asphalt mixes
- Operating asphalt equipment and other machinery
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- General construction and/or labor related/outside work experience strongly desired
- Class A CDL or ability to obtain within six months of employment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and walk various terrains
- Operating hand tools, power tools, and other equipment
- Valid Driver’s License with an insurable record (must present DMV record with application)
- Must reside in Roanoke Gas Company’s service territory for emergency call-outs
Hourly pay rate beginning at $16.39 per hour with advancement based on skill development. This is a full-time position with benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, and health club reimbursement.
If assistance is needed with the application, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org