Roanoke Gas Company is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Utility Technician. Primary duties include performing field operations including manual labor and other duties necessary to accomplish the installation, repair, and maintenance of natural gas service and distribution facilities.
The essential job duties include:
- Initiates gas service, performs leak investigations ,and makes repairs
- Assist in performing meter inspections, identifying abnormal operating conditions and take appropriate action
- Complete turn-offs and turn-ons at customer’s premise
- Respond to customer questions and requests
- Provides assistance with all distribution activities involved with the installation, repair and maintenance of underground system to include:
- Operating basic equipment and tools (hand, air, shovels, etc.)
- Landscaping and general restoration of disturbed areas
- Excavating, shoring, repairing leaks, testing and coating pipes
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- General knowledge of HVAC, gas piping, electrical circuits, plumbing, and venting. 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with an insurable record. Class A CDL preferred.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, and other equipment
- Ability to smell odorant used to detect gas leaks.
- Ability to work nights, holidays, and on-call emergencies. Must reside in Roanoke Gas Company’s service territory for emergency call-outs
This is a full-time position with benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, and health club reimbursement.
If assistance is needed with the online application, please email us at email@example.com.