At Roanoke Gas Company, we offer more than just a job. With a rich history in Roanoke, we are proud to provide a workplace that supports career development, growth and stability. We are committed to serving the local community and believe it all starts with hiring the right people. We are looking for hard working individuals that value safety and teamwork.
We are currently seeking qualified applications for the position of Natural Gas Service Technician.
The essential job duties include:
- Initiating gas service, performing leak investigations and making repairs
- Performing meter inspections, identifying abnormal operating conditions and taking appropriate actions
- Completing turn-offs and turn-ons at customer’s premise
- Relighting residential customer gas service and ensuring safety protocols are followed
- Responding to customer questions and requests
- Responding promptly and thoroughly to emergency call outs on a rotating basis
- Assisting in the repair, replacement, and installation of gas lines, meters, and regulators
- Conducts leak survey and sampling of odorant readings
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License with an insurable record
- General knowledge of HVAC, gas piping, electrical circuits, plumbing and venting.
- 3-5 years of previous experience preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen
- Previous experience operating hand tools, power tools, and other equipment preferred
- Ability to smell odorant used to detect gas leaks
- Ability to work nights, holidays, and on-call emergencies. Must reside in Roanoke Gas Company’s service territory for emergency call-outs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lifting heavy objects, walking and standing for long periods of time and performing strenuous physical labor in extreme weather conditions
- Wearing long sleeve fire resistant shirts and pants in extreme weather conditions
- Lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- Crouching, bending and stooping frequently (i.e. crawl spaces, attics and basements)
- The ability to quickly move arms and legs
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs individually, or team lift for heavier weights
- Driving Company provided vehicle
We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits, such as health, dental, vision and a Company-matched 401(k). Paid on-the-job training for technical skills and additional external training as needed.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $20.00 – $29.00 hour
Roanoke Gas Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.Apply Now