This position will monitor, analyze and control the Company’s pipeline system pressures and flow rates. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Monitor and analyze the SCADA system per State and Federal regulations
- Control and adjust pipeline flow rates and pressures to ensure safe operating levels and to meet volume restrictions
- Answer emergency calls and dispatch technicians, crews and line locators as needed
- Monitor all Company alarms and cameras
- Perform tasking chores, including service order closing, historical work orders, and scanning
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to monitor pressures and flow rates and take immediate action as necessary to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone and other forms of electronic communication
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment
- Ability to complete and maintain DOT Operator Qualification (OQ) training
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of sitting and standing
Required Education / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and ongoing random testing per Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) regulations and annual physicals.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Proven multi-tasking, analytical and judgment skills
- Flexibility to cover variable hour shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays
This is a full time position with benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, tuition assistance and health club reimbursement.
RGC Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, age, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or other legally protected classifications.Apply Now